It is sometimes suggested that a French press is also suitable for brewing tea. Melior Teapots provide a much better option, with the same distinctive Melior design but more suited to the characteristics of loose leaf teas. The Melior Beaubourg Teapot holds black tea, green tea and herbal infusions in a clear plastic interior, with perforations to allow water to circulate and infuse. The interior doesn’t let tea leaves escape into the water, so you can pour without a tea strainer, and can be lifted up out of the tea pot to stop the brewing process.
Tea leaves in traditional tea pots, and French presses, cannot be removed from the water once the tea has brewed. Unless the pot is emptied before even 3 or 4 minutes, your tea will become overbrewed and excessively bitter. In addition, the plungers in French presses can squeeze the brewed tea leaves, which adds extra tannins to your tea but no extra flavour or antioxidant content. Melior Beaubourg Teapots provide an easy way to remove the tea leaves from the pot once your tea is brewed, so you can take your time – and, no messy tea strainers!
- High quality, break resistant borosilicate glass body
- Wide, rounded design with a large glass body and matte black plastic lid
- Heat resistant handle stays cool during use and is large enough to hold the pot securely
- Two part lid holds the inner infuser securely, and covers the infuser to keep the heat in
- Spout can be closed for better heat retention
- Infuser can be lifted up out of the lid to stop the brewing process
- Perforations in the base of the infuser allows water to drain as you lift
- Plastic infuser stays cool to touch
- All parts are dishwasher safe
Melior French Presses have a long and unique history, stemming from their origins being made in an improvised French clarinet factory in 1958, to a popular design icon in the 60s and 70s. The Melior French press was the first of its kind, gaining it popularity in restaurants and cafes where it would be served right at the table, and quickly caught on in people’s homes. Today, Melior French Presses are still prized for their simplicity, providing good coffee at home without machinery or practiced technique.
[Construction]: Borosilicate glass, stainless steel and plastic
[Capacity]: 1L or 1.5L
[Cleaning and Care]: Dishwasher safe